Starting a campaign is a wonderful thing! You will find interesting people around you but before that you will have to prepare your content. Here is a short guide explaining how to do that.
- Go to www.peoplegogo.com
- Click "Start a Campaign" at the top of the page
- If you are not logged in, please follow the prompts to login and/or create an account, if needed.
On this page you can give basic information for your campaign:
- Profile image - choose something catchy, interesting and descriptive.
- Campaign name - the well chosen name may bring you the right audience and supporters.
- Headline - a short description of up to 100 symbols that best describes your campaign
- Location - here you can specify the location of the campaign. The country and the city are required because the campaign can be easily found by people in your local area.
- End Date and Time
Once you finish with this step, press "Save & Continue". Please take into account that your campaign won't be saved until you finish this step completely!
- Write down your script. Planning is important.
- Make a short video (1-3 minutes) that express the idea of your campaign
- The start of the video is important. Make a good impression.
- Show your face and the team. People tend to believe more a real person.
- Make sure that the video is clear and consistent.
- Explain your idea.
- Invite people to join you.
- End with a clear call to action.
- The video must be uploaded on Vimeo or YouTube. Copy the link and add it your campaign.
- And one last thing...don't forget to smile ;)
Your Cover Image
You can use a cover image instead of a video.
- The image requirements are 851px wide by 315px high, PNG, JPG or GIF files.
- Choose an image with good quality.
- Choose an image which depicts the idea of your campaign.
- Put the most important information first. People make quick conclusions based on what they read in the first lines.
- Explain your idea. Keep it consistent and tidy.
- Explain why you need support.
- Present yourself and your team.
- Keep it short. No one likes to read texts that are too long.
- Use images and other media materials if you want. The images can make people read more.
People who want to participate in your campaign can do that by volunteering, giving funds or items.
Volunteering means to ask people to contribute with their own time and skills. For example, you may need ten volunteers to plant trees.
Funding means to ask people for funds. For example, you may need £1,000 for your campaign.
The items are tools and assets you need. For example, you may need a car to transport plants which you want to plant somewhere.